Tuesday, June 17, 2014

about those micro drill bits

Since  I have been asked about those micro drill bits I use to drill my pinholes, I'm sharing my sources.

There are many places to get micro drills, hobby shops and jewelry supply places have them or you can do like I do and get them online.

Amazon has sets
like this

Drill bit city has sets
you can get them here

I use the micro drill bits without the collet and just hand twist them very slowly on and then through the brass shim stock I use for the pinholes.

It takes about 5 minutes to complete a pinhole.

Just go slow, then sand the burrs off with emery paper and you're all set.
The key is to go slow and not put too much downward pressure on the bit or it will snap off.

1 comment:

  1. Many thanks for the details on the drills. I've made quite a few pinholes, but it has always been pretty hit or miss. I'll give your method a try.

    ReplyDelete