Monday, February 23, 2015

The Owls Have It!

If you happen to be cruising around Socorro, New Mexico you'll more than likely find this old brick wall with this cigar ad painted on bricks. It's a bit faded, but full of charm and character.

It's an afternoon shot, so go have lunch or check out the Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge which is about 20 mile south of Socorro and then enjoy an afternoon of exploring around town.

I was really really close to this wall when I made the photo, maybe too close as I cut off some of the artwork, but that's part of the excitement of pinhole. Sometimes you don't know exactly what you will come home with.
Enjoy!

Zero Image 2000 pinhole
Kodak Ektar 100 film

1 comment:

  1. Nice one Becky. It reminds me of a vocal teacher I had in college. When he didn't like what he was hearing he would say, "It sounds like you warmed up with a box of White Owl cigars!" I also love old ads painted on brick walls. I had an idea of making a project out of the subject matter once, but it never materialized. Thanks for sharing this one. The vignette really adds to the great feel of the photo.

    ReplyDelete