Monday, March 12, 2018

something different....not pinhole


The Railyard in Albuquerque is not open to the public, except for market days on weekends.
It's often used as a movie set and has been used in the Terminator franchise. 
The light is amazing, yet a challenge to get on film with a simple little camera like the Vivitar Wide and Slim that I used for this photo.
The joy of using a simple camera is no one really pays much attention to it, so I was somewhat free to wander about to make a few snaps during my last visit there. 
I want to do pinhole here, but hauling a tripod around draws attention and that's not what I want to do...at any cost.
Perhaps later this summer, I will figure out a way to do pinhole using available things already there to offer a stable "tripod" of sorts for the minutes long exposures needed.
In the meantime, if you happen to be in Albuquerque and have a chance to visit the old Railyards during market days I highly recommend it. 
You will find home baked goods, fresh farm raised produce, hand crafts, art and a Goose that tells fortunes! 

P.S. this was done with Delta 100 film, sloshed about in caffenol.

No comments:

Post a Comment